Friday, December 31, 2010

In These City Lights...


We captured city lights in all its luminous beauty with gaping eyes and mesmerized minds. We watched the moon disappear behind clouds and our eyes twinkled with the stars on clear nights. I felt your breath on my neck and you felt my lips on yours. I watched you make sense of this world and I saw meaning in your distorted explanations of incidents that hit your mind. You saw sincerity in my efforts and passion in my aggression. You made me believe and I gave you reasons to keep fighting. We lit a match on the darkest nights, but we saw whatever we had built burn away into unidentifiable ashes whose memories lived like the flame that we could never blow out. We saw each other walk away and tried to never look back. I saw you hold her hand, you saw me hold his, but you came climbing though my window when you thought I was asleep. You broke the rules I tried so hard not to. You were the reason for my teenage rebellion. You were the smile that reached my eyes and I was the sigh of relief you breathed when you spent an evening with me. I messed and ran fingers through your hair and you caught my hands and kissed me. You were the tickle of smiles down my spine and I was the one you thought would never “never be there”.
We were meant to 'meant to be together', but in the skies of destiny, we were the clouds that fell prey to the winds of tragedy...

19 comments:

Trish said...

this is kinda sad. :((

nil said...

The last line.
Respect, man. respect.

Er. said...

The write up is absolutely amazing, but I'm sure the story behind it is not as amazing as it sounds? Sometime, during rains, we want the true story from you! :)

Splatters Of Ink said...

Trist, I guess it is. =)

Thank you, Nil! <3 :*

Thank You Arjit. =)
The story is true to quite an extent. Maybe not as amazing as the write up. But, it is. But, I guess I need things to sound a little more realistic. =)

Vikramaditya said...

Ye toh bada toing hai.
XD
Last three lines <3

Splatters Of Ink said...

Thank You Piyush. =)

PeaBee said...

That was wow.
How do you do it? Talk about such usual and common things SO beautifully?
It sounds so perfect, too as though these thoughts were waiting for someone to describe them in a way that leaves an impact!
And the last line... :O Amazing.

Splatters Of Ink said...

Thank You Priyanka! =D

Anonymous said...

The blog background is awesome. Great post, great words as usual. Sharing this on Facebook and Twitter.

Shivani said...

It kicked the senti side of me. I think the best compliment given to a blogger can be "I can relate to your post" or "it echoed my feelings"...but I haven't had such experience so the best complement I can give is I truly felt it.

Splatters Of Ink said...

TBG, you're the best! =) *BIG HUG*

28Archangel, Thank You. That's quite a compliment you have given me. =)

Aabha Vatsa said...

Two words... 'very alive'!

Lioness said...

Awww...such a tragic end to what could have been a b'ful fairytale. Someone once told me with you I know I will always have a b'ful tomorrow but that person is no longer with me.
Why do modern love stories have to fade away, why is it that it cannot stand the test of time? Why does it slip away like grains of the sand?
Why must the tears drop @ the thought of the deserted one?
Why must the heart melt @ the sight of another one? Am I so easy to forget? Was it so easy to make your tomorrow a forgotten past?
Gosh, am I getting carried away? I must stop now but this is how you made feel, you made me want to write the agony felt deep inside.

Banupriya said...

Nice Read after a long time especially the final lines..

Splatters Of Ink said...

Thank You Abha and Banupriya. :)

Lioness, thank you so much. Those were some very nice thoughts. =)

Prateek Bagri said...

Um! Already you've been appreciated and here comes another one.
Write up was amazing. Something which one can relate to own-self.
:)

Splatters Of Ink said...

Thank You so much! =)

aakash said...

I guess no one can help it.. Love as it rises and as it oozes away, situations take control and we become mare players.
P.S.: I am wondering what am I gonna do once I am done reading ahl ur posts. You gotta put up stuff faster :P

Splatters Of Ink said...

Thank You Aakash! =D
That made my day! =D