Sunday, November 15, 2015

Photographs.

We've never had a picture together. I've never caught a moment that we've witnessed together in the stillness of a photograph. Now that i think of it, I can't even conceptualize a photograph that can contain us. And that has made us the most beautiful secret I've ever known.

I've never caught a moment that we've witnessed together in the stillness of a photograph but I've captured every moment that you and I have ever seen as one. I captured the rocks whereupon you first kissed me and that feeling of firsts. I captured words of the first poem you wrote me - the only poem you wrote me - and the last letter you posted to me - the only letter you posted to me. I captured the tunes you played so absently when we were only just talking and I captured the moment you'd stop to tell me that you love me. But most of all, I captured your words. I captured the words that made our moments because we were words. We were the few words of a perfectly incomplete phrase, punctuated only by a full-stop, complete only in the resonance of an afterthought. I captured the breeze that blew between our few words, and the sun that shone above us. I don't have a picture of any of our moments but I think of you when I talk about anything and everything under the sun, because as far as i remember, that's all we ever talked about. And I captured every such thing under that nostalgic Sun to remind me off days that couldn't be captured in photographs

No comments: